A multi-channel home theater system is the best solution for enriching the audio quality while watching any movie or any other sort of entertainment. Manufacturers have used technologies to such an extent that they are able to give people the experience of being in a theatre hall or a disco in their house itself.
Number of Speakers in a Multi-Channel Home Theater System
A home theater system generally consists of 5 speakers. They are:
- FRONT RIGHT
- FRONT LEFT
- SURROUND RIGHT
- SURROUND LEFT
However, more speakers can always be added to the system to get a more advanced audio setup. If you are able to spend some extra bucks then you can buy some high-quality speakers to add to the effects.
For improving the bass production you can add a subwoofer to the home theatre system. This is the unique quality of a home theatre system that supports the addition of both speakers and a subwoofer.
Types of Multi-Channel Home theater System
The Multi-Channel home theatre system can be distinguished on the basis of:
- Wired and Wireless home theatre system
- HTiBs and Custom made home theatre system
- True and Virtual surround sound system
- High and Low frequency effect
There are some other types of multi-channel home theatre systems that completely define a particular type of system. They are:
- 2.0 Stereo system
- 2.1 Stereo system
- 5.1 Channel home theatre system
- 6.1 Channel Surround sound system
- 7.1 Channel Surround sound system
- 10.2 Multi-channel sound system
Parts of a Multi-Channel Home Theater System
There are many essential parts other than the speakers of every home theater system. They are as follows:
- AV Receiver
- Projector/ TV
- Speaker wire
Installation of a Multi-Channel Home Theater System
Installing a Multi-Channel Home theater system is an absolutely easy task if the procedure is followed accordingly.
- First, you will need to connect all the sources to the AVR with the help of cables.
- Next step is to place the speakers in appropriate positions.
- Then you will have to run the wire from the AVR to all the speakers with the help of speaker wire.
Advantages of using a Multi-Channel Home Theatre System
There are various advantages of having a Multi-Channel Home Theater System. Some of them are:
- It provides a beautiful and elegant look to the overall room.
- It provides freedom to design the system as per one’s preference and operate it with utmost privacy.
- The big screen and high efficiency sound system offers a great experience overall.
Disadvantages of using a Multi-Channel Home Theater System
Everything comes with at least one negative point and in the case of gadgets, it is a common issue. Even the best home theatre system can have some disadvantages like:
- The installation process is a bit time consuming and if done in the wrong way, it’ll never work unless figured out.
- It always provides a loud sound causing disturbance sometimes.
- The advanced multi channel systems are very much costly when compared to any normal home theatre system.
To experience great audio quality, it is important that you know all details about a multi-channel surround system. Details include the source that supports surrounding sound, an AVR, types, placement, and finally, the one that fits the budget. Center channel speakers can be upgraded or modified using the best equipment according to one’s requirements and preferences.