Get yourself immersed in colors of musical bliss through selecting from the wide variety of open-back headphones to be had on Amazon at pleasant prices. We are well aware of the fact that headphone is a music output device which when connected to a laptop, computer, phone or any other device enables us to hear the sound output and also input our voice through the speaker attached.
Differences between open back headphones and closed back headphones
Firstly, it is important to know what Open back headphones are. They are nothing but, Open back headphones that allow air to pass through their ear cups from the rear of the speaker driver. There is a resonance and low-frequency build-up caused by the rear enclosure. Usually, this type is expensive as the sound output is more natural and clear… But, a downside is that it does not block outside noise and we will pay attention to all of the surrounding disturbances. Additionally, open-back headphones are extra fragile as they may be touchy to moisture.
Open-back headphones are proper for vital listening, blending and mastering excessive audio documents, and domestic listening. They are not recommended for commuting, blockading external noise, listening at a plane, gym, or office. On the opposite hand, closed-back headphones are sealed across the back to block outdoor noise. They make amends for the cons of open-back headphones as those headphones are favored for informal listening, legit meetings, commuting, and recording audio. In this article, we focus on the pinnacle 10 open-back headphones that are divided into divisions.
Let’s now take a look into the Top best Open Back Headphones in 2021
1. Grado SR80e
It is an excellent and affordable open-back headphone. It reproduces audio with the highest precision in a frequency of 20 Hz to 20000 Hz. Grado is pleased to present the new 3rd Generation of their award-winning headphones the “e” series. New updated version with improved sound and Build Quality.
- Designed with moving coil dynamic drivers matched to 0.1dB.
- Offers superb stereo field along with an excellent dynamic range.
- It is carefully designed to remove transient distortions.
- It is a 4 pin cable, gold plated 3.5mm plug and carries audio with very less attenuation,
- Can be easily driven by any electronic media.
- Light weight and doesn’t apply much pressure on human ears.
- The S cushions softens the fit and provides more comfort.
2. Philips SHP9500
It is an amazing open-back headphone with a reasonable price tag. Philips SHP9500 HiFi Precision Stereo Over-Ear Headphone. Their applications are mostly in the gaming and music industry.
- The Hi-Fi sound is a combination of 50mm neodymium speaker drivers.
- It has a properly tuned, acoustically open ear up design.
- Delivers powerful sound from 12Hz to 35000 Hz.
- Sonic Transparency and naturally wide stereo image.
- It creates a dynamic and authentic listening experience as it directly channeled to the transducers.
- It is a low powered headphone having an impedance of 32 ohms.
- The headband is made of steel which increase the strength and durability.
- There is a double-layered soft cushioning for extra comfort.
- The breathable ear pads regulates the dissipation of heat.
3. Superlux HD 681
The HD681 features an exceptionally deep low frequency which gives you the best listening experience. The Superlux HD 681 is a good, budget option for neutral listening. These are semi-open professional monitoring headphones. It delivers a satisfying audio reproduction that caters well to instruments and vocals.
- It is a stylish, budget pick headphone whose audio components includes 50mm dynamic neodymium drivers.
- It is good for both casual and neutral listeners.
- Good sound quality.
- Lightweight design.
- It delivers a balanced sound with a large dynamic range and flawless stereo imaging.
- It passively isolates external noise.
- The frequency range is between 10Hz to 30000 Hz which includes infrasound and ultrasound too.
- It is made up of a fixed, single-side straight cable measures 8.2 feet long and ends with a typical 3 pin 3.5mm stereo plug.
- Self-adjusting headbands.
4. AKG K240 Pro
It is a legacy handset that’s easy on the wallet. The popular AKG K240 over-ear headphones are a golden standard for production and Hi-Fi listening at a low price. It has a classic design that has become a great standard in monitoring. It is crafted for excellence.
- Popular headphone
- Exceptional sound quality.
- Crafted for excellence.
- High performance to price ratio. Used for professional monitoring.
- Great accuracy and natural soundstage.
- It consists 3 meter cable with a professional mini XLR at one end and a typical 3 pin 3.5mm TRS at the other end.
- Perfect fitting and comfortable to wear.
5. Samson SR850
Samson SR850 provides clear, detailed audio with extended frequency response. It has a semi-open design that partially blocks outside sound. It is a professional studio reference headphone.
- An inexpensive option for musicians, sound engineers and general music enthusiasts.
- Studio headphones with a great frequency response.
- It is built with 50mm dynamic drivers, neodymium magnets and gold plated adapters.
- It keeps decent amount of noise out.
- Self-adjusting headband.
- Velour cushioning increases comfort and provides a natural fit,
- Priced at 49.99 Dollars.
6. Audio-Technicia ATH- AD700x
Audio Technicia ATH is the most critically acclaimed model and is also highly praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers year after year. Now the ATH series are professional studio monitor headphones that feature the same coveted cables. But the current series cost a bit more than the previous ones. They have a sonic signature too.
- Excellent sounding and affordable option for audiophiles.
- Consists of 53mm dynamic drivers with bobbin wound CCAW voice coils and reproduces audio with high quality.
- It has a lightweight honeycomb aluminum casing.
- It also includes a premium OFC cable measures 3 meters long and is tangle free.
- Carries audio without attenuation.
- Its add on features include jack DACs and amplifiers.
- Light weight and self-adjusting wing support.
Sennheiser headphones are the highest quality sound and professional audio headphones which are lightweight, ensure great comfort to the user without compromising on bass and clarity.
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Audiophile grade over ear, open back headphones
- Twist and lock single sided cable eliminates tangles and simplifies exchanges
- Gold-plated 1/4 inch plug with 1/8 inch adapter
- Highly optimized, field strengthened neodymium ferrous magnet system
- Very affordable option
8. AKG Pro Audio K612 PRO Premium Reference Studio Headphones
AKG pro headphones are very well designed with 40 Hour battery life, Bluetooth 5.0, and HD Microphones for calls, Live streams, Podcasting, Vlogging, Games streaming, and so on.
- Open-back design
- Patented varimotion diaphragm technology
- 120 ohm impedance, 12 hz – 39 Khz response
- 101 dB SPL/V
- Only 238 g in weight
9. BEYERDYNAMIC DT 990 Pro
Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro has an open-back design for the most natural spatial sound reproduction possible. These are high-quality headphones made in Germany that showcases the passion for audio technology with outstanding sound quality.
- Used for studio and monitoring applications.
- Consists of a steel headband, soft padded ear plugs which provides a comfortable fit.
- The lightweight diaphragm and moving coil are added advantages as they offer an accurate frequency response.
- Single side coiled cable fitted with a 1/8th stereo jack plug with a 1/4th adapter.
10. Sennheiser HD 600
It is an audiophile-grade open dynamic hi-fi or professional stereo headphone with an advanced diaphragm and perfect finishing. It is a benchmark reference headphone trusted by professionals across the globe. The users get to experience a truly natural sound.
- Dynamic headphones used for sound engineering.
- Features Open metal mesh earpiece covers for transparent sound, lightweight aluminum coil.
- Reduces distortion
- Spacious Enclosure Design
- Resonance is minimized.
- Sometimes uncomfortable and less durable.
- It makes us feel that a 5 hour mixing is short.
Other popular and best quality headphones include Boat, JBL, Philips Fidelio X2HR, Astro A40 TR Headset+MixAmp Pro2019, HiFiMan Arya. These above-mentioned headphones are well designed, comfortable but slightly costlier than the others. Their Amazon prices range from 300 Dollars to 500 Dollars. Usually, ASTRO headphones are used for gaming as the package on amazon comes along with Dolby Audio Play station 5. It is tuned with Astro Audio V2, has a superior fit and finish, is MOD Kit ready, is designed with excellent Game: Voice Balance, and also has an ASTRO Command Center Software for better functioning.
JBL open-back headphones are fixed with high-performance drivers that generate outstanding frequency response and are very well customized with a pure bass that is deep, powerful, and accurate. Drawing the expertise of the finest headphones, JBL engineers design lightweight, over-ear headphones with loud, clear JBL sound.
There is a famous saying that, “Don’t let wires ruin your day”, going by that JBL offers wirelessly stream music calls and 20 hours of battery life on a single charge. The JBL Sport headphones are ideal for our active lifestyle whether we are working out in a gym or running a marathon, it’s a perfect mix of style and performance. The adaptive noise canceling features of JBL headphones helps us control the level of ambient noise you want to let in or block out.
while buying any headphones, we must keep in mind all the important factors which includes appearance, comfort, connectivity, design, must be tangle-free, must act as a noise blocker, its transition type, wired/wireless, must have a good volume control, produce natural and clear audio with minimum distortions and attenuation and most importantly it must be affordable. The only platform where you can find all the ideal qualifications for a good, durable, comfortable, and affordable headphone is Amazon.com.